Monday, May 31, 2010

R.I.P

Rest in peace... Three simple words. Provides some comfort for those left behind. But, I was surprised to see this weekend that not all of our fellow citizens take these words serious.

I was out putting flowers on graves with my family yesterday in Savannah, MO. I couldn't help but notice the number of head stones that had been knocked over. In high school, I heard people talking about tipping head stones, and I thought that was pretty disrespectful.

Now, when it comes to what happens after you die and whether there is a Heaven or Hell, or even a Purgatory. I tend to believe that when you die, your dead and that's it. I believe there may be a higher power that created the universe in a sense. However, if that is true, I don't believe that he/she/it will need us after we die. If a God can create a universe in 7 days or even 1 million years, I will have nothing more to offer after death.

The point I'm trying to make is, regardless of my own beliefs, a bodies final resting place is somewhat sacred and shouldn't be defaced by any idiot with a truck. That's one of the most disrespectful things you can do. Now if you want to have a good time, take your 12 ga. shotgun and take turns shooting holes in the side of your truck door, or your foot, or your head, I really don't care.

Good day America,

John Mackey

No comments:

Post a Comment