"Wow, I love living in this neighborhood again. Everybody is pretty laid back like me, and they just let me be..."
[KNOCK, KNOCK]
"Hello Mr. Mackey, I am with the City of Maryville. We have a complaint about the height of your grass."
"Oh?"
"Yes, it's not too tall for the city code, but your neighbor (nodding head to the right) has an issue with it. I'll be back in 1 week to check it out."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I guess my neighbor has the power to have codes changed with one phone call. Normally I wouldn't mess with that kind of evil. However, I am a direct descendant of the McCoy's, so it's feuding time.
This is not the first shot she fired either. Last summer she complained about a sign for my computer business that I had in my yard. She was worried about the increased traffic. Well, I don't have anybody come to me. I go to them. She of course didn't have the guts to come to me first about the sign. She also called our landlord about weeds growing in our fence. Well, half of them are on her side!!! So I sprayed LOTS of grass killer on BOTH sides of the fence. Maybe a little more on her side than mine... One can't be sure.
Anyway, so it has been raining almost all week. And my judgment day with the city inspector (my neighbors little bitch) was fast approaching. So I decided today was the day for me to mow. I went out and the sun was shinning through the clouds. Still a pretty nice day. By the time I got gas in the mower (2 minutes)... drip... drip... drip, increasing in intensity. Well, there is no chance of rain today, so I'm sure it will pass. Nope. I got about 2 strips done and it let loose and poured.
So I finished up and it was raining the entire time I was out there. When I finished, I saw her on her front porch watching the rain... I'm positive she was thinking "Yes, rain will make my grass green and I can mow again in 2 days!!! mwahahaha." Remember she's evil. So I hollared at her and asked if she was ready to come inspect it. She just waved and said "I'm on the phone." I told her I didn't give a shit, and she better come look at it now. Well, she just waved again and smiled. That tells me 2 things. 1. She's senile. 2. She's had at least 50 years of people calling her a bitch to her face and it doesn't phase her anymore. In other words, I'm right, she's evil.
So the feud continues... Updates to come.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment