Well, a little over a year ago, by wife's uncle was murdered in a rinky-dink town north of Maryville. And it only took a day or two for totally made up rumors, that had no solid facts or even anything close to it, to start flying. Her aunt was even getting death threats because of this type of behavior. This prompted me to write a letter to the editor. I know it was read because people who knew I wrote it, started telling me what people were saying about it. I basically called out everybody who thought they had to spread these rumors, and even add some of their own twist to it... how lame.
Anyway, now a year later, my wife goes to Shop & Hop, which I like to call "GOSSIP CENTRAL" to pick up a paper. The papers big news of the day was regarding the start of the trial for the accused murderer. While in line, the 2 clerks were talking about how they just new that the accused was an awful person and carrying on as though nobody was there.
Well, nice to see that my letter made a difference... Maybe I need to write one every day, or just go down to GOSSIP CENTRAL and call them out @ 3:30 on a Friday afternoon. Get a life people, You're 55 years old and the hightlight of your career days is 15 years as a gas station clerk! Remember when you passed the test to ask "Paper or Plastic?" We were all so proud of you.
I'm not trying to offend anybody, only the people who ain't so perfect and feel the NEED to point out everybody elses faults.
Thanks.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment